Friday 17 April 2015

Aberdeenshire Oystercatcher

Back in March, I had noticed an Oystercatcher with a yellow darvic ring (code - T65) from the bird hide at the Bann Estuary.  It took me a few attempts to read it but I finally managed to get my scope on it, on the 8th of March.  I sent the details through to the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) that day and I received the information back this morning.

The bird was ringed on 29/03/2014 at Ballater, Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire by the Grampian Ringing Group.  The bird was ringed in a catch of 82 birds and it is the seventh bird to have been re-sighted since.  The travel distance is over 310 km flying in a direct flight path, 


I also have a couple of sightings of colour ringed Black-tailed Godwits in with the BTO, so I'll share those details when I receive them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment